Note: AME50 issues quarterly newsletters (July, October, January, April) - Members and Friends are invited to contribute content. For submission guidelines see the details here.
July 2022 Newsletter
Call for Papers
Paper submission for the 2023 TRB Annual Meeting is open until August 1. The focus of the 2023 meeting will be "Rejuvenation Out of Disruption: Envisioning a Transportation System for a Dynamic Future".
More information can be found at the following link: https://annualmeeting.mytrb.org/CallForPapers/Details/858, or through your MyTRB account by selecting the Annual Meeting tab, scrolling down to "Innovation in Accessible Transportation and Mobility”, and clicking on the “Call for Papers Detail” button.
Need for Paper Reviewers
There will be a need for paper reviewers in late August and September. If you are able to help with this, please complete the following survey by July 20 to provide your contact details and identify your areas of interest: Survey Link
Update your MyTRB Profile
Please make sure to keep your MyTRB profile information, especially your contact details and professional interests, up to date so that you don't miss out on information.
Upcoming TRANSED Conference
Don’t forget to register for TRB's 2022 TRANSED-DRT Mobility, Accessibility, and Demand Response Virtual Conference where you can:
· Engage in discussion and solution building with international leaders regarding accessible transportation globally.
· Participate in research forums to exchange ideas and data regarding accessible transportation solutions.
· Hear state-of- the art strategies and solutions to address international mobility and transportation challenges.
The virtual event runs from Monday, September 12 through Friday, September 16 and invites the participation of all those interested in this critical topic. Register for this international forum and review the draft program. For questions contact TRB.
Do you know someone who'd like to become a Friend of AME50?
AME50 welcomes new friends. If you know anyone who may be interested in becoming a friend of the committee, please share the information below and encourage them to create a MyTRB account and sign up. A friend is someone who can attend committee meetings and participate in the same activities as committee members. Friends will also receive committee correspondence and updates.
Committee activities include:
· Exchanging information about best practices, professional development, networking, and mentoring.
· Peer review of papers for the TRB Annual Meeting and the Transportation Research Record.
· Planning lectern and poster sessions at the TRB Annual Meeting.
· Planning TRB webinars.
· Drafting research needs statements and problem statements for TRB projects.
· Holding committee meetings at the TRB Annual Meeting.
· Planning specialty conferences.
To become a friend, simply create a MyTRB account and sign up. Once signed into your account, click on the "my activities" tab and select the "Become a Friend of a Committee" option. From there you can scroll down to the AME50 committee and click on "Become a Friend".
A MyTRB account will also allow you to:
· Subscribe to the TRB Weekly newsletter.
· Submit a panel nomination for participation in TRB's Cooperative Research Programs.
· Order publications.
· Search the directory of more than 8,000 TRB volunteers.
· Visit the Career Centre.
· Review Annual Meeting calls for papers.
· Become a friend of a standing committee.