- AME 50 Quarterly Newsletter for Jan 2024 is now available here.
- Expression of Interest issued for seeking partners for the TRANSED 2025. Access the EOI flyer for TRANSED 2025 here.
- Meeting Notes with a link to meeting pictures and presentations from the Recent TRB Annual Meeting in January 2024 are now available on link: Annual Meeting.
- AME50 chosen for 2024 Blue Ribbon Awards: We are thrilled to share that the TRB Technical Activities Council has selected AME50 as a winner of the 2024 Blue Ribbon Awards. Our committee was selected under the category -"IMPLEMENTATION: Moving Research Ideas into Transportation Practice" for the active and meaningful engagement of individuals with disabilities enhancing the movement of research to practice and creating opportunity for systemic change across the transportation research field." The TRB Blue Ribbon Committees Program recognizes exemplary best practice standing committee activities and the volunteer efforts associated with those activities. The Blue Ribbon Committees serve as role models, with committee Chairs and members sharing their experiences with others. The 2024 Blue Ribbon Committee Chairs will be recognized at the Technical Activities All Chairs Meeting, held in the Marriott Marquis, Independence Salon DE (M4), on Sunday, January 7, 2024, 7:30 am – 9:30 am ET. Congratulations to Judy and Todd for their leadership and to all who have contributed to the activities of AME50!
- Upcoming Webinar: TRB’s Standing Technical Committees on Accessible Transportation and Mobility, Bicycle Transportation, Passenger Intermodal Facilities, and Pedestrians are sponsoring a webinar titled "Accessible Floating Bus Stops" to be held on November 28, 2023 from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM ET. Presenters will share guidance on how to make floating bus stops safe and accessible to passengers with vision disabilities. More information on : https://www.nationalacademies.org/event/817_11-2023_trb-webinar-accessible-floating-bus-stops
- AME50 issues quarterly newsletters (July, October, January, April) - Content contributions invited from Members & Friends. Visit Newsletter Page for details. The Newsletter for Oct 2023 is now available in Newsletter Section.
- Resources produced by our members are posted here. These resources have not been through a review by TRB or AME50.
TRB Committee on Accessible Transportation and Mobility (AME50)
The Committee's mandate is to educate everyone on the issues and gaps related to mobility needs for people with limited transportation options - people with mobility, sensory and cognitive disabilities; older adults; and individuals without private transportation. With a large proportion of our population reaching their golden years, the Committee is dedicated to ensuring mobility options that will provide older adults with a high level of accessibility and affordability. The Committee has a global focus and broad international representation.
Providing accessible transportation enables all individuals to participate fully in an active community life. Accessible transportation through universal and inclusive design is one of the key messages the Committee communicates to various groups involved in providing seamless, accessible transportation.
The TRB Committee on Accessible Transportation and Mobility works closely with other TRB Committees to collaborate and sponsor joint activities.
People interested in participating as a friend of the Committee or as a prospective member are encouraged to join us for our annual Committee meeting, or participate in one of our Subcommittee meetings (Policy and Practice, Research, and Accessible Transportation Technology). All meetings are held each January at the TRB Conference in Washington, DC.
Any opinions, findings, or conclusions expressed on this website are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Transportation Research Board or The National Academies.
Paper Review Coordinator