- HOT OFF THE PRESSES: The Committee on Accessible Transportation and Mobility preliminary schedule for the 2018 TRB Meeting is available. Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- TRANSED Conference Planning Subcommittee, ABE60(5), Tuesday, Jan 09, 2018 1:30PM -3:15PM
- Accessible Transportation and Mobility - Technology Subcommittee, ABE60(2), Wednesday, Jan 10, 2018 2:30PM -4:00PM
- Accessible Transportation and Mobility – Policy and Practice Subcommittee, ABE60(1), Wednesday, Jan 10, 2018 10:15AM-12:00PM
- Accessible Transportation and Mobility Committee, Monday, Jan 08, 2018 8:00AM-12:00PM
- Accessible Transportation and Mobility Research Subcommittee, ABE60(4), Wednesday, Jan 10, 2018 8:00AM -9:45AM
- Accessible Transit Connectivity and Equity: Local to Global Approaches (Lectern Session), Monday, Jan 08, 2018 3:45PM -5:30PM
- From Volunteer Drivers to Autonomous Vehicles: Leveraging Community and Technology for Accessible Mobility (Lectern Session), Tuesday, Jan 09, 2018 8:00AM -9:45AM
- Topics in Accessible Transportation and Mobility: Travel Behavior and Vehicle Accessibility (Poster Session), Monday, Jan 08, 2018 1:30PM -3:15PM
- Committee ABE60 is soliciting nominations for the 2018 William Bell Award on our Resources Page. Nominations are due by December 1, 2017.
- For information about the TRANSED conference series and past and future conferences, visit the TRANSED Secretariat website at transedconferences.com.
Welcome to TRB's Committee on Accessible Transportation and Mobility (ABE 60)
The Committee's mandate is to educate everyone on the issues and gaps related to mobility needs for people with limited transportation options - people with mobility, sensory and cognitive disabilities; older adults; and individuals without private transportation. With a large proportion of our population reaching their golden years, the Committee is dedicated to ensuring mobility options that will provide older adults with a high level of accessibility and affordability. The Committee has a global focus and broad international representation.
Providing accessible transportation enables all individuals to participate fully in an active community life. Accessible transportation through universal and inclusive design is one of the key messages the Committee communicates to various groups involved in providing seamless, accessible transportation.
The TRB Committee on Accessible Transportation and Mobility works closely with other TRB Committees to collaborate and sponsor joint activities.
People interested in participating as a friend of the Committee or as a prospective member are encouraged to join us for our annual Committee meeting, or participate in one of our Subcommittee meetings (Policy and Practice, Research, and Accessible Transportation Technology). All meetings are held each January at the TRB Conference in Washington, DC.
Any opinions, findings, or conclusions expressed on this website are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Transportation Research Board or The National Academies.